MORPHED (PROPRIETARY) LIMITED(2020/707905/07)
(“Morphed”, “us”, “we”, “our”)
(Version 1.0 – Effective as of 12 December 2020)
Please read these terms carefully when, using or accessing the Morphed online platform (s) or mobile services or making use of any of the services offered by Morphed (“Morphed Services”).
The Morphed Services are made available to individual professionals and organisations seeking to productize their offering in digital format (“Morphed Customers”). To this end, we have developed software solutions and an e-commerce infrastructure which allows Morphed Customers to optimise their online sales platforms.
Details about the Morphed Services can be found at www.morphed.io.
Morphed respects your privacy and is committed to protecting the privacy of all users of our websites and the Morphed Services in general. We aim to utilise best practice when it comes to the collection and processing of all personal information.
All intellectual property (including the Platform(s) is currently owned and operated by Morphed Inc.
2. ACCEPTANCE AND CONSENT
4. PRIVACY LAWS AND PROTECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will take the necessary steps to protect your privacy, including compliance with the Protection of Personal Information Act, 4 of 2013 (“POPI”), General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and all reasonable steps to be in compliance with the privacy laws of users outside of the EU and South Africa.
We have listed your rights that you have under data protection laws.
- the RIGHT TO ACCESS – you can ask for copies of your personal data;
- the RIGHT TO RECTIFICATION – you can ask us to rectify inaccurate personal data and to complete incomplete personal data;
- the RIGHT TO ERASURE – you can ask us to erase your personal data;
- the RIGHT TO RESTRICT PROCESSING – you can ask use to restrict the processing of your personal data;
- the RIGHT TO OBJECT TO PROCESSING – you can object to the processing of your personal data;
- the RIGHT TO DATA PORTABILITY – you can ask that we transfer your personal data to another organisation or to you;
- the RIGHT TO COMPLAIN TO A SUPERVISORY AUTHORITY – you can complain about our processing of your personal data; and
- the RIGHT TO WITHDRAW CONSENT – to the extent that the legal basis of our processing of your personal data is consent, you can withdraw that consent.
- These rights are subject to certain limitations and exceptions.
- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) – You can learn more about the rights of data subjects by visiting https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-data-protection/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/.
5. PERSONAL AND NON-PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal information refers to any information that makes you identifiable as a specific individual and non-personal information refers to information which does not specifically identify you. When we refer to “personal information” or “information”, we refer to the statutory definition contained in the POPI.
Personal Information includes; without limitation; your full name, surname, IP address, email address, age, race, gender, nationality, identity number, passport and visa details, photographs, contact details, work and schooling history and location.
6. COLLECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect information about you when you use the Morphed Services/Platforms and communicate with us.
You provide us with different types of information in order for us to provide the Morphed Services, products and features to you.
Morphed may collect and store personal information from you in connection with:
- providing the Morphed Services or any other product which Morphed offers;
- creation of your user profile and verification of your profile;
- communicating with you about matters and updates regarding the Morphed Service / Platform;
- visits or browsing on our website or any of our application interfaces
When you register on the website to become a Morphed Customer you are required to provide us with the following information:
- your name and surname;
- your e-mail address;
- your banking details;
- your company name
- your website URL
- a description of of your company
- descriptions of your services;
- By providing us with this information, you consent to us collecting and processing your personal information in order for you to make use of and to allow us to provide and optimise the Morphed Services for you.
We may also collect information about you from third parties. For example, you will be able to register and initiate the application process using Linked-In. To this end, the website will be linked via your secure log-in portal to your Linked- In profile page. You consent to this integration and to Morphed accessing and importing information from your Linked-In profile, such as profile picture and employment history, in order to create your Morphed Customer profile.
7. INFORMATION WE COLLECT AUTIMATICALLY THROUGH THE USE OF TECHNOLOGY
When you visit our website, we and our business partners may collect certain information about your computer or device through technology such as cookies, web beacons, log files, or other tracking/recording tools. The information we collect through the use of tracking technologies includes, IP address, browser information, referring/exit pages and URLs, click stream data and information about how you interact with links on the website, domain names, landing pages, page views, cookie data that allows us to uniquely identify your browser and track your browsing behavior on our site, mobile device type, mobile device IDs or other persistent identifiers, and location data collected from your mobile device. Some or all of this data may be combined with other personally identifying information described above. We use this information to:
- remember information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit our website;
- Provide custom, personalized content and information, including advertising relating to the Morphed Service;
- monitor aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, users, traffic, and demographic patterns;
- diagnose or fix technology problems reported by our users or engineers that are associated with certain IP addresses or user IDs.
We may also collect analytics data, or use third-party analytics tools, to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Morphed Service. These tools collect information sent by your browser or mobile device, including the pages you visit, your use of third-party applications, and other information that assists us in analyzing and improving the Morphed Services / Platform.
8. PURPOSE, USES AND DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
Morphed may use your Personal Information to:
- provide the Morphed Service and/or any other products and services to you, which may necessitate sharing your personal information with third party service providers such as Stripe, HubSpot, Drift, some of which are located outside of South Africa in the following jurisdictions: located in United States of America and United Kingdom
- manage its relationship with you and third-party service providers;
- communicate with you about the Morphed Service and any other products, services or support offered by us and to send marketing communications in connection these services and products;
- provide support to you in respect of the Morphed Service;
- improve the Morphed Service;
- provide personalised offers;
- measure performance of marketing initiatives;
- allow you to participate in competitions and surveys;
- answer enquiries, provide information, support or advice about the Morphed Service, the Platform and any new products or services which we offer;
- prevent and detect security threats, fraud or other malicious activity;
- process and respond to any complaint made by you.
Morphed will not sell, rent or otherwise disclose your personal information to any third party without your consent provided that by using the Platform and subscribing to the Morphed Service, you provide your express and informed consent for Morphed to disclose your personal information to third parties as follows:
- to third party companies employed by us to provide services, including for example, website hosting, administration, maintenance and development. These companies require access to your personal information to perform their functions and not for any other purposes;
- to third party companies or entities with which Morphed contracts, whether directly or indirectly, to provide the Morphed Service where such companies or entities require access to your personal information to perform their own regulatory functions and not for any other purposes;
- to transfer Morphed Customer database including personal information contained therein, to any third party who acquires all or substantially all of the assets or shares in Morphed;
- to governmental agencies, exchanges and other regulatory or self-regulatory organisations if Morphed is required to do so by law or if Morphed believes that such action is necessary to comply with the law or with any legal process;
- to protect and defend Morphed’s rights and property;
- to prevent fraud, abuse, misuse or unauthorised use of the Platform;
- to protect the personal safety or property of the users of the Morphed Service or the public (if you provide false or deceptive information about yourself or misrepresent yourself as being someone else, we will disclose such information to the appropriate regulatory bodies and commercial entities); and
- if applicable, to personalise your experience on the Platform(s), to help you log on in future and to continue to use the Platform, to reply to queries you might have, to provide you with support and to help Morphed select services or materials for inclusion on the Platform which may be of interest to you.
Our website may connect to various social media sites or apps, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and Google+. If you want to use our website for social media integration, including to create user profiles and login functionality, we will share your information with the relevant social media sites or apps.
We may transmit or transfer personal information to countries outside of South Africa.
Across the EU, we will endeavour to ensure compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and should you believe we are in contravention of the GDPR, you may contact our privacy officer at team and we will ensure we revert within 48 hours of your correspondence.
We reserve the right to share non-personal, non-individual information in aggregate form with third parties for business purposes, for example with business associates and partners. You will not be identifiable from such data as such. Morphed is not responsible and cannot be held liable for the privacy practices of such third parties.
Demographical and statistical information about user behaviour may be collected and used to analyse the popularity and effectiveness of the Website. Any disclosure of this information will be in aggregate form and will not identify individual users.
9. QUALITY AND PROTECTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
You are responsible for the accuracy of the information submitted to us and for ensuring that it is up-to-date, complete and accurate. It is your duty to maintain the accuracy of your account information and/or your Morphed Customer profile including the details of your service offering.
Morphed will take all reasonable measures to prevent the destruction, unlawful access and loss of personal information including establishing appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard the personal information collected from you. This helps prevent unauthorised access, maintains data accuracy and ensures that personal information is used correctly. In order to carry out these security procedures, Morphed will ask for proof of identity before personal information is disclosed to you:
Please contact the Morphed by phone or email if you:
- require access to any of your personal information which is being held by Morphed;
- wish to notify Morphed of any change, modification or correction to your personal information which you are unable to change for yourself;
- would like to have your personal information removed from our records;
- believe that someone is impersonating or otherwise unlawfully using your login details or your account.
- While every effort will be made to adopt appropriate security procedures to help prevent unauthorised access to your personal information, Morphed will not be liable for any attempt to hack or crack or otherwise gain access to any of your personal information on servers owned and maintained by or on behalf of Morphed.
10. HOW MORPHED STORES INFORMATION COLLECTED FROM YOU
Information is held for as long as you maintain a profile with Morphed (until you request us to delete it) or as long as may be legally required.
11. CONCERNS AND SECURITY BREACH
We will report any security breach to the Information Regulator in South Africa, and the GDPR regulatory body (if applicable) and to the individuals or companies involved. If you want to report any concerns about our privacy practices or if you suspect any breach regarding your information, kindly notify us by sending an email to email@example.com.